The Inside Scoop
Ways to Save Money While Traveling
Travel doesn't have to break the bank. There are many ways to save and every little bit adds up. Here are a few tips:
Be flexible on your travel dates.
Travel in the off season if possible.
Travel like the locals, utilize public transportation.
Look for free activities in the area.
Use the internet to search for coupons and discounts for the destination.
Eat out at restaurants that are away from tourist areas.
Join loyalty travel programs and book using a rewards card if you have one.
Eat where the locals eat - food trucks or carts and local farmers markets.
Hit the supermarket to buy snacks.
If travelling abroad know the currency and exchange rates.
I’ve always had a passion for travel and now I can help you achieve your goals. I believe that a good deal isn’t good until it meets all your needs. I’ll make your travel arrangements worry-free. Contact me today for a free consultation.
My Training and Specialties
When arranging travel, knowledge is power. I am always learning about a new destination or company. I have training certifications from multiple hotel brands. I am a certified specialist for Viking Cruise Lines with training for European, Asian and Russian cruises. I have training from RoyaI Caribbean and Carnival Cruise lines. I also am a member of the Travel Agent University and continue to take courses to help me provide you with the best experience possible.
Packing Essentials 101: Travel Light, Travel Prepared
Nothing is worse than getting to your destination and realizing you don't have what you need and then trying to find it. Except maybe carrying around disorganized, heavy bags full of things you don't need. Here are some packing tips to consider:
1. Always make a packing list ahead of time so essentials aren't left behind.
2. Keep all important documents, medication, electronics and valuables with you in your carry on bag.
3. Use packing bags or vacuum bags to organize compact your clothing.
4. Always roll your clothing. It takes up less room and wrinkles less.
5. Know the baggage rules and weight limit of the airline you are using.
6. Keep an extra plastic bag in case you need to pack a wet item.
7. Put a dryer sheet in your suitcase to keep it fresh.
8. Bring shoes that can be used for multiple situations.